Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Do You Hear That? Yeah, Me Neither.

Well, the kiddies are gone. No, I didn't finally kill them. Geez, I'm not that crabby. No, they've been shipped off to my folks' house for a couple days for Spring Break. Which normally would make me breathe a big sigh of relief but I have this backlog of writing for work that is not only ripping me a new one, it's taking my 'old one,' which has been ripped beyond repair, re-ripping it, and shoving it waaaaay up my 'new one.' And then sewing the 'new one' shut.

But I'm not here to complain. Wait... yes I am.

Anywhom, Mr. Z left me with a final thought before his departure that has basically gotten me through this day. Our exchange:

MR. Z: Dad, remember how Grover Cleveland had two non-consecutive terms?

ME: Um... oh... yeah. Right.

MR. Z: [laughing] ... and how Benjamin Harrison was sandwiched between him like a Peanut Butter and Grover Cleveland sandwich?

ME: Great one!


Is it weird that I miss those guys already?

No comments: