Saturday, March 18, 2006

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y... eh.

Classic Saturday here at Hotel Boogersnots. Miss O is still hacking up a the occasional lung and Mr. Z, while improving, has been in a piss-poor mood of late. We were going to take him to the 3-D Imax Undersea movie but he shot himself in the old foot with has crabbitudinous ways today. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

I did take the boy to MSU's Natural History Museum just to get out of the house, though. Kinda crappy. There were like, maybe five rooms of "natural history." Some pretty marginal dino crap (just general crap, not actual coprolites) but mostly stuffed dead animals. Lots of deer, mooses (meeces?) and the occasional rodent. There was also this old frontier cabin that you could walk in and it was all gussied up to look like someone was living in it. It looked just like that adobe house from "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure," complete with the creepy mannequins. The male creepy mannequin was, I don't know, tanning a hide or something, and the frontier lady was mixing up some gopher cakes. Mr. Z refused to go into the house and kept saying, "I'm not going in there. Those things are giving me the creeps." Who is he, Shaggy? It cracked me up. I told him it was okay to go in, as long as he didn't look directly into their eyes. He would have none of it. Classic.

I have a new addiction. And unlike crystal meth, this one won't turn my teeth all gummy. It's an online Boggle game and I think I just blew about and hour and a half on the thing. There are some hardcore Bogglers on the site, though. I made it up to the middle of the pack with maybe 38 words, but the winner(s), "Team of Fools" had about 150. I'm sure they're a bunch of programmers with some sort of auto-thesaurus-anagram-searcher device and they just sit there giggling as they win every round in their stinky, poopy programmer pants. Bastards. I will defeat them. Oh yes. The site is here. You've been warned.

Special thanks to Arnie for being the first person to actually purchase a KICKSOME CD in about 5 months. Because of his kind gesture, he will get his disk autographed by both Mr. Z and Miss O and will receive his official "Kicksome Kollective Membership Card." Way to go, Arnold.

Oh, my night out last night was pretty fun. The band was, eh, but they had a pedal-steel player who rocked the house. That's it. I'm going to get me a pedal-steel, spend the next 20 year figuring out how to play the thing and then, when I'm 60, I'm going to join some country band and tour around, bringing tears to peoples' eyes with my haunting, slidey chops. Mark my word. I'm doing it. Starting... NOW.



But first, more Boggle.

No comments: