Monday, September 24, 2007

Heckuva (Paint) Job, Brownie...

So, we've been getting our house painted over the last week and I am so ready to have the fucker completed, I can't even tell you. I think it looks pretty good, but these painter dudes just can't pull the fucking trigger and finish the job. And I am incapable of looking at the house as a "whole" -- I just instantly focus in on the shit that doesn't look right -- a sloppy window pane here, a rough spot there. It would've been so much easier (and smoother) to just cover the fucker in aluminum. Or shrink-wrap it. Or douse it in that waxy chocolate shit that they dip the Dilly Bars in at Dairy Queen.

I mean, I don't wanna be a dick about it, but we're paying a healthy chunk o' change to get this done and I want to be as not-completely-dissatisfied as possible. And "not-completely-dissatisfied" is about as pleased as I ever get when people do shit to the house, believe me. So, tonight, after they left, I walked around and put little pieces of blue painters tape on all the spots I want them to fix. I know -- total douche move, but fuck you. The head dude's pretty cool and he'll probably fix it all. Besides, I'm not giving him the final 5 hondo until he does.

Anyhouse, here's one of the few pics of El Rancho Crabbo in all its "shit-brown-and-buttercream-80s-leisure-suit" glory.



As soon as Brushy VonSlowpaint and his crew of sloppy sluggards finish up, I'll post a pic of the "after."

Should be sometime in '08.

No comments: