Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What Mr. Z Eats: Meals 018 and 019


9.15.15 Lunch

MR. Z.: Some REALLY good pizza with tomatoes and basil, and then some good pasta with good sauce, and a really good sandwich with some random greens and hummus. Overall, today's lunch was... well, really good.

This meal's color palette:


Good... grief. Hopefully, the chef will learn to combine the pizza and pasta into a pastizza so Mr. Z will have some room on the plate for something new. What, you ask? Oh, I don't know... perhaps we should check the MENU!


That's right -- I hunted down today's lunch menu. Look at these overlooked delicacies: four savory soups, a Greek salad, and that artichoke/pepper/chickpea tagine looks delicious! I do love that the last selection is labeled "comfort food." For future reference, pizza, pasta and chorizo hash are not comfort food. Stewed chicken is. Maybe the chef shaped it into a tiny couch.





9.15.15 Dinner

MR. Z.: Dinner was pretty straight-forward, except for the addition of that turd -- I mean black bean patty with guacamole that's just lurking on the side of the plate. Also, I'm a fan of the dramatic lighting in this pic.

This meal's color palette:


Apparently, the boy's dining al fresco this evening. (A cheap attempt at lightening up his color palette.) I'm pleased to see the turd, er, black bean patty and guacamole. That combined with the salad might just be enough roughage to propel that glutinous mass that's wedged in his sigmoid colon from lunch. Looks like he's back on the pop and juice train, too. I asked him why I didn't see any milk in either meal and he said, "Drank a lot of milk in my dorm. Felt like I deserved a break." Know who really deserves a break? His sphincters.

No comments: