Thursday, September 17, 2015

What Mr. Z Eats: Meal 022


9.17.15 Lunch

MR. Z.: I'm pretty sure what I ate for dinner was literally the exact same meal as usual (pizza, chicken, a salad that was extra big this time -- still no Dijon dressing, though, so I've been using the sub-par French dressing), so it's not worth your time. Here's lunch. They advertised these as "French bread pizzas," but I think they were hamburger buns and they weren't even crispy -- just kind of soft and moist. Also, there was no ketchup, so I had naked fries and they were pretty flavorless.
HOWEVER.
The turkey sandwich depicted here is probably the single best sandwich I've ever made. The turkey, cheese, lettuce and mustard were all distributed so evenly and satisfyingly that it more than made up for everything else. It was beautiful.


This meal's color palette:


Ah, the ol' "pass-off-yesterday's-buns-as-today's-French-bread-pizzas" trick. Classic chef switcheroo. The only thing French about those lethargic loaves is that they look a little like berets and they probably smoke and don't shave their armpits. I'm glad he's upping the ante with his sandwich-making skills -- that'll definitely come in handy when he's job-hunting after graduation. I'm not sure if that's a glass of ginger ale, apple juice, a pale ale or a urine sample. If it's a urine sample, Mr. Z, you're dehydrated and need to start chugging some water. I'm hoping it's apple juice, though, which will be a great liquid locomotive to help pull that carb-oose into the train depoot.

No comments: