Sunday, May 21, 2006

Odds & Ends...

Random weekend moments:

While I was chasing some delinquent parents' delinquent kids around the Y locker room, the old lady took Mr. Z to the 3-D IMAX movie "Deep Sea." He's a huge fan of the undersea world, and apparently the film flipped his lid. He gave me a pretty much real-time recap of the flick, but this was my favorite quote:

MR. Z: There was a great scene with a Wolf-Eel!

ME: Really? What did it look like?

MR. Z: It looked like an old person trying to concentrate.

So I looked it up in his "National Audubon Society Filed Guide to North American Fishes" and I'll be damned if that's not the perfect fucking description of a Wolf-Eel:



It's like looking in a mirror.

Here's what Miss O told me yesterday during lunch:

MISS O: Buttocks. [pause] My brother invented that word.

I decided not to challenge that one. He may not have invented it, but he's certainly done his part to keep it alive and well in the household vernacular.

Tonight, during his bath, Mr. Z shouted out:

MR. Z: Hey Dad! I have a third leg! You wanna see?

ME: No thanks.

Some moments are best left to the imagination.

1 comment:

Cazzie!!! said...

Soooo spooky, Nicholas is going to the Melbourne Acquarium tomorrow..followed by the Imax Theatre to see....you guessed it...."Deep Sea."
Can't wait to see his response to it all. The next day I have to send him to school dressed in his favourite sea animal outfit. :)