So, I'm trying to find the right songs to load onto my SwiMP3 player, and it ain't that fucking easy. When I tried it out on Sunday, I just had a random smattering of shit that I dumped on there, just to see if the thing would work. Some songs were great and some made me want to drown.
For example, Olivia Newton John and ELO doing "Xanadu," perfect. Black Sabbath's "Neon Lights," surprisingly, not so great while swimming laps. Bjork's "Isobel," ideal. "Bad Reputation," by Thin Lizzy? Actually gave me a mild case of "the bends."
So I iTunes-ed some shit tonight that I thought would perfectly soundtrack my watery workout tomorrow morning, at way-the-fuck-too-early-in-the-a.m. Here are the first 10 songs I loaded up:
1. "You Just May Be the One" -- The Monkees
2. "Twilight" -- ELO
3. "Awoo" -- The Hidden Cameras
4. Feelin' So Good (S.K.O.O.B.Y. D.O.O.) -- The Archies
5. "Knights of Cydonia" -- Muse
6. "The Golden State" -- John Doe
7. "Mrs. Brown, You've Got an Ugly Daughter" -- The Queers
8. "New Slang" -- The Shins
9. "Back of My Hand" -- The Jags
10. "Little Red Light" -- Fountains of Wayne
Holy fuckstain, looking at it now, that's the most random list of songs I could've possibly picked. It'll either be the greatest workout ever, or they'll be fishing a bloated me from the deep-end with the giant hook.
It's kind of exciting...