Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Air... She is Conditioned!

Okay, first off, I think the new air-conditioner is fine. My nipples did not crack off this morning, but I did have to amputate the pinkie toe on my left foot due to frostbite. Though I still think Chuck-the-air-conditioner-man ripped us off somehow.

I spent most of the day with Miss O today. That child is such a trip. I picked her up from camp before lunch and she came home and went right to work on this little blue Post-It note for about 20 minutes, while I was making her a sandwich. When lunch was ready, this is what she had created:



I love that fucking drawing! She calls it "Three Sisters Lying out in the Sun in Front of Their House." Looks to me like said sisters might also be practicing a little house telekinesis in their spare time. Anyway, I think it rocks. That house design is awesome. It's got a little Huntertwasser in it, even:



All I know is that if I ever get another tattoo, that's gonna be it.

So, after lunch, Miss O went up to her room and I was doing whatever when I saw her standing at the top of the stairs. I asked her what was up and she said, "Sometimes I can fly down stuff." Yeah, that's what you want your kid to say as she's staring down a steep flight of stairs. I asked her what [the shit] she meant, and she said, "Well, maybe it's only in my dreams." I assured her that "flying down stuff" in her dreams was a great idea -- go nuts with the dream-flying-down-stuff -- but down here on planet Earth, that shit ain't gonna fly. She responded by giving me that "Why am I wasting my time with you, old man" look and walking down the stairs.

I'm telling you, man... Scorpios -- them's some freaky cats.

No comments: