Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cheese (b)Log...

Well, tomorrow we leave for our first vacation in... uh... I think it's forever? It's nothing fancy, mind you -- first, we stop off in Chicago for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party, and then it's off to tropical Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for... well, basically the same shit we do here, but in Wisconsin. We're meeting an old college chum of the Old Lady's who has spawnage the same ages as Mr. Z and Miss O, so it should be hunky-fucking-dory. For them, at least.

I don't know how much posting I'll be doing over the next week and a half, but I'm taking the ol' laptopper along, so we'll see if they have any fucking wi-fi in WI.

I do need a serious break, though. I'm just wiped the fuck out. I think I'm finally getting over my Boola-Boola, but I've got the energy level of a goddamn banana slug on 'ludes. I'm hoping the fresh dairy-air of the badger state will help air my pale, withered ass out. I am lactose-intolerant, however... well, either way, air and my ass will somehow be involved.

Hopefully I'll return with renewed vim and/or vigor and I'll be rarin' to walk amongst the living, once again. I'd like to rare... I haven't rared in quite some time. Rarely do I rare. That doesn't even seem like a word anymore... rare.... rare... eh, what is that?! Oh semantic satiation, you are a fickle mistress.

See, this is why I need a vacation. I'm pretty much clinically a moron at this point. Maybe a dolt. Or a simp. Probably more of a dunderhead, actually. I'd know what I was if I weren't such a clod.

I better stop before someone gets hurt. I'll check in as soon as I can. In the meantime, hey, enjoy your vacation from me.

Toodles.

4 comments:

Burbanmom said...

Happy Vacation, Crabman! Enjoy the time away!

Anonymous said...

happy trails, crabby dad. :-)

Jasper Mockingbard said...

Aw man. You're leaving? We're gonna be up you're way. The Mockingbards fly to Indy on Saturday. From there, we venture to Fart Wayne to see some of our peeps. We even have folks coming down from Lansing. We get to head to the big city too- Chicago- for a few days. Fuck, I should just email my itinerary. That way, you can stay one step ahead of me in case you feel like I'm stalking you.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to seeing the midwest. Maybe I can have meat AND potatoes whilst I'm there. Perhaps, too, I can see some flat-ass land. But my favorite part will be picking up the midwestern accent. I'll be able to impress all my associates when I get home.

Bon voyage, Crabbydad. I look forward to hearing all of the gory details.

Anonymous said...

Happy vacation crabs, I hope you get your vim and vigor back. James Brown helps.