Monday, June 16, 2008

Your Lips are Sealed...

So, here's what Blogger is teaching me -- if I take about 12 seconds to crap out a three word post, I get eight comments. If I actually sit down, reflect for a moment and then spend 3 to 5 minutes crapping out a somewhat introspective 403 word essay, I get zilch. Basically, you're reinforcing me to shut the fuck up. I can take a hint.

Last week, we started our CSA thing (Community Supported Agriculture) and I have to say, kudos to Burbanmom for turning us onto this thing -- it's farmfuckingtastic. Every Monday, we show up at the pavilion where they normally hold the local farmer's market, and we load up on our share of veggies and shit. (And it's real shit, too -- clinging to said veggies!) Here's a pic of last week's harvest:



Dug straight outta nature's asshole and into my mouth! It's fucking awesome. It really gives you that holier-than-thou feeling that gives you license to look at all those planet-killers in the Kroger produce section and say, "How DARE you, ma'am?! How DARE you!"

And it's tasty, to boot. Here's the dinner I made for the Crabbyfamily tonight with the spoils from today's harvest:



A little penne with cannellini beans, kale, Swiss chard, Parmesan and an assload of garlic. Mmmmm-mmm! Can't you just taste the moral superiority? I sure did, you imported-from-other-countries-vegetable-eating-bastards.

And speaking of bastards, I'm WAY over my word limit for tonight. This post is over.

8 comments:

Jasper Mockingbard said...

That's a fine little commune you folks in Lansing have. Neighbors being neighborly. Jeepers! That place sounds just swell!

Maybe one of your fine brothers or sisters from the CSA could grow something that would cure you from all that shit you get. That would be swell!

BTW, what the fuck is Swiss Chard? Is it related to Oui Tard?

Jasper Mockingbard said...

About the lack of comments... I know how you feel. I'm a comment whore and need the feedback. Most of the time, I don't get enough. That leads to uncontrollable sobbing and I wind up sucking my thumb under my bed.

Burbanmom said...

Mmmmmm, how come my farm shit just ends up looking like salad and your farm shit looks like a gourmet meal?!?!? Farmalicious!

As for the comments, we're all adding to your short posts to help keep the word count up! That, and the long posts generally make us fall out of chairs laughing, which injures our wrists, thereby limiting our typing ability to only those letters on the left side of the keyboard. And who wants to read a comment that says: sex ceases dat fear?

Russ said...

I do the farm stand thing, I haven't braved the CSA thing here in Charlotte. Apparently there is a wait period for it (what am I buying a gun here?), due to the demand.

Anonymous said...

The eight comments on the three word "bleh" post are called 'sympathy comments'.

Look on other blogs...colds, birthdays, blogiversaries, death of goldfish...all get the mega numbers of comments.

Or like what Burbanmom says...sex ceases dat fear.

Anonymous said...

The eight comments on the three word "bleh" post are called 'sympathy comments'.

Look on other blogs...colds, birthdays, blogiversaries, death of goldfish...all get the mega numbers of comments.

Or like what Burbanmom says...sex ceases dat fear.

Anonymous said...

I love my CSA...and that crunchy feeling that comes in every basket. Probably the only thing that keeps me from floating away on my cloud of environmental superiority is the giant bag of bananas and avocados weighing me down.

nora leona said...

I love the idea of a CSA. I tried splitting an order with someone a couple of years ago, but this single girl couldn't keep up.

So instead of my usual guilt, I got to feel organic hippie guilt when I composted the veggies that I was not able to eat.

And Burbonmom's right. Your dinner looks fabulous.