Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jeezus Returns...

Today, at exactly 1:59 p.m. EST, someone in the Wethersfield, CT vicinity posted a comment to my very first blog post ever, a post cobbled together some two-and-a-half years ago. They had apparently been performing a Google search for "who invented Polly Pocket dolls" and were directed to moi.

It's painful looking back at that post, and remembering how I fucking labored over it and wondered if I should actually hit "publish" and how, once I did, my whole life could potentially change FOREVER. Now, it's painful to think that I've actually sat at this goddamn keyboard 569 times since then and ham-fisted out my bullshit blatherings over and over and over again. And did I mention over again?

I do love how the recent commenter is obviously fucking pissed off that I don't seem to understand that THEY CALL IT POLLY POCKET BECAUSE SHE'S POCKET-SIZED YOU DOOF!!! And it is "doof," by the way, "Jeezus." From the latin "doofus," meaning "lacking and/or being in serious need of a grip and/or clue." I don't mean to call you out in such a public forum, Jeezus, but here at crabbydad, we spell our disses correctly, or we don't diss at all. Wait... or is it "dis"?

Anywhich, Jeezus, I am.

A doof.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I've actually seen your Polly Pocket post - I had one too. Stupid dolls. I'm ok with them being able to fit in a pocket but do the microscopic accessories need to be REMOVABLE?!?!?

Jasper Mockingbard said...

I've always thought that Jeezus, and Gawd for that matter, had a sense of humor. Just look around... We've got Dubya, the platypus and farts.

Poor guy. I guess Jeezus isn't as omnipotent than he's given credit for.

Monica said...

So does that make Ms. Wethersfield a POLLY POCKET PROTECTOR ????? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to 569 more, CD.

Anonymous said...

Now that kids are out of school for the summer, we can expect plenty of the blog equivalent of the "prank call".

...at least akupl a day...

Always a hilarious pleasure to come here for a read Crabbydad.