Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Now Make a Wish and Don't Ever Leave Home...


I don't really have time to post tonight -- gotta wrap Miss O's presents and make a card. I can't believe she's turning five tomorrow. It's freaking me out. I mean, it is and it isn't -- it definitely seems like it's been five years since I saw her vernix caked noggin poking out of the old lady's birth canal, but five seems so old. I'm not one of those people who wants their kids to stay babies forever -- those fuckers are insane. It's just that both of them are getting so independent. They're in school all day and, after school, they can pretty much entertain each other until dinner. I actually have to barge in sometimes to get them to interact with me. "Hey, over here! Remember me? Dad? Ring a bell?!" It's freaky shit.

Of course, they're not that independent -- they're constantly flipping their collective lids and I know they both still need me and all. I'm just saying, in the not too distant future, they're not going to want to have anything to do with me.

I think we need to get a dog.

No comments: