Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ice Holes...

There's a fucking two hour delay to the start of the spawanges' school, today, because of "ice on the roads." How did I find out about this fact? Did I receive a phone call this morning? Was there a message on the school's answering machine? Did I see some sort of notice on the local cable access channel? Did I look out the window and realize it would be impossible to drive under such (apparently) brutal conditions?

No, I found out when I drove Mr. Z, on roads with NO FUCKING ICE ANYWHERE, to his darkened school that had absolutely no goddamn cars in the parking lot. That's the equivalent of a phone-tree in this fucking town.

Seriously, all I need, at this point, is for Mr. Haney to show up to try to sell me a faulty tractor and I'll have officially become Oliver Wendell Douglas.

4 comments:

Russ said...

And this is why I live in the south! Even the mere hint of the possibility that snow/ice could come close to where the school is, they shut the whole county down.

Russ said...

Oh, and those fargin' bastages!

crabbydad said...

Cork-soakers.

Kim said...

Where the pork is Arnold Ziffel when you need him? He could dial a phone with his cloven hoof to let a brotha know school was delayed.